Theological education that equips disciples to think, worship, and work with the mind of Christ: All of Theology for All of Life.
Old Testament Survey 2: Ecclesiastes-Malachi
Period: Ten Weeks on Wednesdays
Dates: August 26 - October 28
** OT Survey 1 is not a prerequisite for this class **
The course will survey the 39 books of the Old Testament. Each book’s historical context, provenance, themes, events, and figures will be explored. The general structure of each book will be highlighted, along with its unity with the other Old Testament books.
1. Establish a foundation for further study of the Old Testament through learning its main figures, events, and themes
2. Gain an understanding of the Old Testament as Christian Scripture, Jesus’ Bible
3. Understand the great themes and unique features of the individual Old Testament books
4. Reflect on the usefulness of the Old Testament for Christian life and ministry
5. See the beauty of the Gospel in the Old Testament Scriptures.
While no textbook is required (the reading assignments will come from the Old Testament), the teacher “recommends" this book as a resource for the class: What the Old Testament Authors Really Cared About: A Survey of Jesus’ Bible by Jason DeRouchie
Please indicate on the registration form if you need childcare.